At Stay Home Style, your privacy is so important to us. We have a couple of basic principles we like to follow when it comes to protecting the privacy of our readers:
- We are considerate of the personal information we ask you to provide to subscribe to our emails or contact us. These are totally voluntary, never required!
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
Stay Home Style only collects information about you if we have reason to do so — for example, to provide email updates about new posts, to communicate with you, or to obtain feedback to make our website and content better.
We collect this information from two sources: if and when you provide information to us (for example, subscribing to our email list) and automatically through operating our website (for example, language preferences). Let’s talk about this!
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Subscribing to our blog: If you subscribe to our blog by submitting your email, we use this information to send you email updates about our latest posts.
- Contacting us: If you contact us through our contact page and provide your name and email, we will use this information to directly respond to your questions, comments, and concerns.
- Site comments: If you comment on our posts, your comment and any other information you provide (such as your name or email) will be collected so that we can reply or respond to your feedback.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Not to be confused with log in information! We cannot and do not collect any log in information at Stay Home Style. Log information is the technical information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our website. For example, we collect information about our visitors interactions such as likes and ratings on our posts.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To communicate with you: We use your contact information directly provided to us to communicate with you, respond to questions, and keep you up to date on the happenings of our blog.
- To gain insight into what our target audience is interested in: When our website collects feedback directly from you (such as likes and comments), or collects technical information provided by your web browser (such as location and cookies), this information is used to gain insight into our target audience and their interests. We want to know what information our viewers like, don’t like, and want more of. Stay Home Style is here to serve and inspire our users, so we want to ensure we’re meeting your expectations and tailoring our content to your interests.
How We Share Information
Stay Home Style will NOT share your personal information with others unless required by law. We will never share your information with data brokers or websites that want to spam you with marketing emails.
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- With your consent: If you use our tutorials, ideas, or recommended products, we would love to see your DIYs and how you’re using our blog in your home and life! With that being said, we will never share your content or information without your consent.
- Information shared publicly: If you share information publicly on our website, for example, by liking or commenting on our posts, that information is shared publicly with other viewers.
How Long We Keep Information
When information is no longer needed, for example, if you unsubscribe from our emails, that information is deleted.
Technical information shared by your web browser is usually only stored for up to 30 days before being discarded. This gives us enough time to analyze our website traffic and visitors without storing unnecessary data for extended time periods.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you don’t want to receive emails from us, don’t subscribe. Also refrain from sharing any personal information in the comments.
- Limit access to information on your mobile device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the option to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You can manually set your website browser to reject cookies
How to Reach Us
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others